Project Manager (Strategic Initiatives & Corporate Governance)
Remote: 18 hours/ 2.5 days per week
It’s an exciting time to join the Minding Creative Minds team, a growing wellness and support service for financial, emotional, and career health for creatives across Ireland. The not for profit has a 2.5 year history.
About the position:
MCM is looking to appoint a talented Project Manager to lead the day-to-day project management.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for leading a cross-functional body of works aimed at completing projects by a set deadline to uphold our service initiatives. Their duties include managing resources for different project aspects and advocating for additional resources when necessary. They will also manage the collaboration and governance communications around risks and issues to ensure delivery of the service. Successful candidates will have the ability to exercise strong leadership and collaboration skills, manage complex project plans, help the organisation adopt not for profit best practices and identify opportunities to continuously improve delivery in our dynamic service environment.
This is a permanent position and is based in Dublin on a remote basis with stipulations regarding planning meetings, promoting the service at events and attending various institutional advisory sessions on behalf of Minding Creative Minds.
Desired minimum experience of an applicant includes a 5+ years of experience in a not-for-profit environment, large scale up programme development or similar role. This role encompasses working toward collective impact, as opposed to individual wins.
- Manage the Career Hub Programme and direct external communications on the various platforms engaged by Minding Creative Minds from developing the career hub strategy to hands-on implementation work.
- Ensure that Career service is sound and delivers a “first-class” user experience.
- Engage with key stakeholders (internal and external) to gather and refine requirements for processes involved in the Career service.
- Ensure performance, monitoring and reporting obligations of our career programmes are met.
- Prioritise requests for career service
- Provide corporate governance support to the Minding Creative Minds CLG and board.
- Create and maintain corporate governance and corporate documentation (technical and non-technical) to support the effective management of MCM service..
- Provide training & communications to different stakeholders (internals and externals).
- Create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones. Incorporating a positive approach towards diversity and inclusion.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with assigned MCM service projects.
- Communicate with the board, and sponsors to keep project initiatives aligned with their goals.
- Coach and mentor team members in project processes and deliverables.
- Positively impact the organisation through a focus on transparency in execution.
- Engage with relationships with institutions and relevant bodies for the purpose of support and funding.
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain aligned.
- Perform risk assessment on the project throughout the project life cycle to ensure issues and risks are addressed.
- Proper Project Management artefacts (Project Plans, Status Reports, etc.) are maintained and accurate.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs or as resources for the project change.
Your skills and qualifications
Essential skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a Degree/Masters in Social/Arts/Education/sciences, business field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and success in process improvement design and workflow analysis.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Solid understanding of project management principles.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to successfully work with various stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Experience dealing with remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in an environment that values creativity, collaboration, initiative, accessibility, inclusion, and maturity.
- Excellent written and spoken English – additional languages a plus.
Desirable skills / experience:
- Experience with project management web-development technologies
- Experience with service mapping, and User Experience (UX) design.
- Experience creating, managing and delivering projects from concept through to delivery, as well as motivating and engaging stakeholders on the project team, in a remote working environment.
- Experience with process optimisation and change management.
- Experience working in an international NGO, or the wellness/social service sector
- Experience in programme development from an education, career or arts perspective.
- Project Management System Experience.
- 5+ Years of Project Management experience.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Ability to lead collaborative and productive large and small group discussions.
- Strong focus on service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to build rapport and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues, keeping a positive workplace culture in force.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work and to multi-task when required.
What we offer (Pro Rata Basis)
Remote work – Competitive salaries – Excellent benefits – Positive workplace culture
- PTE: 18 hours per week with flexible working hours and home office option.
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: 28 days holidays pro rata, language courses, training, association memberships, positive workplace culture, employee recognition programme, bonus /incentives etc.
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Minding Creative Minds applies a policy of equal opportunity and accepts applications without discrimination on any grounds.
- Applications should consist of a full curriculum vitae and a cover letter introducing yourself and your motivations for applying for the position.
- Applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com titled: “Project Manager”. Please indicate your earliest possible start date as well as your salary expectations.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Fri December 2nd 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis until the right candidate is identified. The position is new and is to be filled as soon as possible (latest end-January 2023)
As a new service to the creative sector in Ireland, we are committed to always being authentic, visionary and impact driven. Minding Creative Minds welcome applications from suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, belief, religion or sexual orientation.