In collaboration with Safe to Create Dublin Rape Crisis Centre is providing training on awareness + reporting of sexual harassment + assault
Understanding the Impact and Dealing with Disclosures of Sexual Violence in the Arts and Creative Sector
In collaboration with Safe to Create, Dublin Rape Crisis Centre is providing training on awareness and reporting of sexual harassment and assault for those working in the arts and creative sectors.
The aim of the training is to:
1. increase understanding of the law around sexual violence.
2. increase understanding of the impact of trauma.
3. provide information and guidance on how to sensitively support someone impacted by sexual violence.
We will cover the following topics:
· Awareness of sexual violence incidences.
· Exploration of attitudes and myths about rape and sexual assault.
· Understanding of definitions of rape, sexual assault, consent, sexual harassment and their impact.
· Guidelines on how to offer support in the immediate aftermath of an incident.
· Guidelines on how to safely be an ally.
This training is free to attend for anyone involved in the arts and creative sectors.
The mission of Dublin Rape Crisis Centre is to prevent the harm and heal the trauma of rape and other forms of sexual violence. In line with this mission, our approach in education and training is trauma-informed, with the victim/survivor always the primary focus.
For more information on our training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check out www.drcc.ie
Call the National 24-Hour Freephone Helpline at 1800 77 8888 any time for free, confidential and non-judgmental support and information on your options if you have been impacted by sexual violence, at any time.
Spaces are limited.